Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Blog Dang LOL

So here it is, the first blog for me...oooh now it is certified ... I am a blogger.

This blog is for the discussion of using forged blades and for whatever else comes to mind. I am an avid golfer and love the vintage forge blades.

I am currently golfing with Ben Hogan Apex 2's that have been lengthened by an inch. My second set is the MacGregor Murifield 20th Edition. Both sets are so sweet to hit but one has to hit using the center of the club face. Yes blades do make one a better ball striker.

I have been golfing for 11 years, and my first set was made by Primo and they were blades that I had bought from a guy that couldnt hit them for $100. I have been told by other golfers that I have a natural swing and I learned on those blades. When I got the Apex 2's five years ago, I was shooting in the mid 80's, and now after a foot/toe injury of a year ago, I am finally coming back into form. Lesson learned "Dont golf with an injury that effects one's swing...it will jack up your normal swing."

So it has been an enlightening year of relearning to swing the body to project the ball to a predetermined location. I have read a lot of golf books, and mental/mind/body books on this journey. I will make a list of the golf books that I recommend.

Enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment